The MPL site is ideal for an energy hub / LNG export facility.
Significant Shipping Logistic Advantages
- Closer proximity to growing Asian and South American LNG demand centers relative to US Gulf Coast sourced LNG creates shipping cost savings of approximately 35%
- Eliminates exposure to the Panama Canal and its potential shipping delays
- Benign shipping conditions in the Sea of Cortez facilitates tanker logistics due to lower storm activity
- Site can accommodate largest LNG transport ships driving cost efficiencies
- Provides geographic diversity and supply chain resilience